A training seminar was held on November 11, 2016 for the effective use of EndNote software by IU Central Library between 15:30 and 18:00 in the Istanbul Medical Faculty ICU Meeting Hall.
A seminar on a bibliography software that helps organize citation form and references with different bibliography styles allowing for storage, editing, downloading, browsing and sharing of bibliographic information was carried out by Hakan Uyar from Research Software.
More than 100 people who showed great interest from the academic members. attended the seminar. After the training, the question and answer session continued
The main topics in the training seminar are;
* Creating a personal bibliographic database with EndNote
* Search for articles in online databases (WoS, Legal Collection, Library of Congress, PubMed and accessible libraries)
* Import reference options (direct export (Google Academic, Google Books etc.), import filters and pdf import)
* Manual data entry (Create reference record)
* Automatic bibliography generation from full-text PDFs
* Organize and manage your personal EndNote databases (select, sort, search, move, update …)
* Creating bibliographies in theses and articles
* Writing articles with EndNote (citation, reference list creation, editing for different journal formats …)
* Reference and library sharing